Peacock by Nora Flite -šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦ 3.5-4 STARS!

Synopsis:

The bet was simple: All I had to do was make a guy fall in love with me in one week.
Normally I’d never take such a crazy dare, but I could REALLY use the cash… so how could I say no?
Then I met him: my mystery date.
Simon “Peacock” Cavanaugh. Or better yet, just call him Simon the C*#k. He’s rude, perverse, and his good looks make me hate him even more.
Falling in love with a guy like him… it might be impossible.
But that’s a relief, because really, why would I WANT to be head over heels for a man that’s more dick than heart? A guy who thinks a good first date is hooking up in an alley?
This simple bet is going haywire.
Simon is a player who says he doesn’t do romance. I know I’ll never let a bad boy like him close to my heart.
What if we’re both wrong?
šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦
SPOILER ALERT in my review:

I'm actually a little conflicted with this one. I really love the story line. The idea of it had so much potential.  It was very well written. The love scenes were pretty hot.

Here are the struggles I had with this book:  Within minutes of meeting this guy in the first chapter, she's bent over his motorcycle in a lust-driven hook up.  I kind of found it hard to want to continue reading when I cant respect a character that obviously doesn't have respect for herself. And as the book continues, this girl's inner monologue basically confesses she's a slut..Along with her friend who she takes this bet with.  But..she gets mad when her friend calls her a slut. We're supposed to end up cheering on our heroine, right? I mean, you can kinda understand why the friend does what she does. And the female lead - who doesn't fall in love - falls in love within days of meeting this guy. And yes, he falls in love, too. He's basically the male version of her.

Again. Loved the plot line. The potential. It was incredibly well-written. I couldn't put it down. Which in and of itself says a lot for the author. I'll definitely pick up another book by her. I just think - for my tastes - the time line doesn't sit well. One week moved along WAY too fast for these people who supposedly don't believe in love. As well as the problems I've said about the characters. :) Thats why I'm giving this book a 3.5-4 star review.

Comments