My Deepest Apologies..

Hi guys.. I know its been a minute since I've posted anything. In all honesty, I've had a very intense past few weeks. Without going into too much detail, there's been a few very extreme traumatic experiences that I've had to help some of my loved ones deal with. I haven't had much time to read, let alone post anything. And really, some of the heavier story lines were kinda too much for me to deal with as we try to cope with these tragedies. To the authors I owe some reviews for.. I apologize. I owe you guys more than this little blurb as an explanation. 

Unfortunately, I've been surrounded by the Grim Reaper. And I wish more than anything that this wasn't the case.

A close family friend's mother passed away. She lost her battle to cancer.  That's already such a tragedy as it is..but it gets worse. 

My cousin witnessed a horrific traffic accident in which a woman lost her life after being struck by a tour bus.  She and I got to be very close after her brother committed suicide. And the shock from witnessing this accident 5 years after having to cope with his death was more than she could handle.

The last..And probably the one that hits closest to home for me.. involves my boyfriend.  I was at a bridal shower when I received a phone call from him. He was freaking out, I could barely understand him. When he calmed down enough - I understood what he was trying to tell me.  As he was about to leave home...He opened the door to the stairwell in order to leave.  What he found on the other side of the door put him in a state of shock which he is still trying to recover.  Our neighbor had committed suicide in our stairwell..And he was the one to find her body.  She hung herself. So you can only imagine the state in which she was found. The stairwell, the trash chute (which is right outside the door which she was found), the hallways.. They're all kinda scary parts for us both right now. Even though I wasn't with him physically, I was on the phone with him when our resident manager showed up (after I called) and found her.. and continued to stay on until the police showed up.  Hearing it all was a lot, and I  know how Im feeling.. My boyfriend has to live through those memories.. I just feel so helpless for him right now.

I know I need to be reading, I need to post so much. And I need to do my reviews! I will be getting on them soon. I need the distraction. Thank you so much for understanding. And thank you for the opportunities you give me as a new blogger and lover of books.  This community of like-minded souls who love to read, and who love to WRITE amazing stories which I love to read.. has become a real escape.  Thank you so much. And I love you all! Which is why I'll be reading SO MUCH.

Comments